Message from the Founding Director
A New Year stands on our doorstep, bringing surprises & gifts, some coming in pleasant wrappings, others in painful ones. All are Blessings. I love the words of St. Paul “all things work together for good for those who love Him”. These words have helped me cope with very painful times in my life. When I Iook back, I realize that the most blessed moments were those “surprises” that came in unpleasant “wrappings”, and which were used for my growth and my good.As we look around our world, we hear and see global unrest, international recessions, natural disasters, war and disease. We are living in a new time. There are no models or blue prints with directions for these days. Institutions in which we placed our trust, are showing cracks and uncertain futures. There is a wave of restlessness among the young, a fear among the old, a cynicism among the middle aged. Is this how we greet our new year?
This new year, I believe is an ideal environment for a new outpouring of the Holy Spirit, a perfect opportunity for a new Pentecost, an invitation to create a new world. There is a new searching taking place, not for the old securities that fade, but an interior longing. There is an inner hunger for what satisfies. The Holy Longing that Ronald Rolheiser speaks of in his book of the same name, is tangible among all I meet. It was to address this spiritual hunger that Stillpoint was called into being. The programs we offer are aimed at identifying the spiritual longing that is becoming a world wide phenomenon. The Mission of Stillpoint is timely: to provide a gathering place that is hospitable to and nurturing of the spiritual life... for peoples of all faiths who are seeking a relationship with the Divine”.
I invite you to our Center; pray in the Inner Room; read in the library; walk in the courtyard; share faith with other sojourners; learn the ancient prayer practices of Centering Prayer and Lectio Divina; or attend a variety of presentations from teachers of the spiritual life. As we enter this New Year I remind myself that beside me stands my God offering an outstretched hand inviting me to walk it together!
- Please read our Fall 2012 message.
- Please read our Fall 2011 message.
- Please read our Spring 2011 message.
- Please read our Fall 2010 message.
- Please read our Spring 2010 message.
- Please read our Fall 2009 message.
- Please read our Spring 2009 message.
- Please read our Fall 2008 message.
- Please read our Spring 2008 message.
- Please read our Spring 2007 message.
- Please read our Second Anniversary message from October, 2006.
- Please read our First Anniversary message from October, 2005
- Please read our Inaugural Welcome Letter from October, 2004.